Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Chicken - A La Lilly


Chicken A La Lilly was supposed to be Chicken Quesadillas.  ‘Cheryl Chef’ makes them with whole grain tortillas, grilled peppers, mushrooms, onions, and jalapeños. They are delicious! I cook the  chicken in the crockpot overnight so the chicken slides right off the bone. On this particular morning I drained the broth and set the crockpot in the sink to allow the chicken to cool. Using the sink was my brilliant idea. I thought it would keep the chicken out of our BIG puppy's reach. As soon as I turned my back to talk to the kids, Lilly put her paws on the counter in front of the sink and ate the WHOLE CHICKEN, minus the bones.  I was not a happy camper. However, the thought occurred to me that Lilly had smelled the aroma all night long. How could I blame her for wanting to devour the delicacy?  And then it came to me, Chicken - A La Lilly!  The kids and I ended up laughing. The funny thing is Lilly was only 8 months old at the time. She is a very BIG puppy! You think she is an adult dog when you look at her, but she’s all puppy!


ARTWORK ~ I haven’t done much with facial expressions. It’s something I am working on. It will make the cartoons better by showing the emotions of the characters. This was my first attempt at drawing Lilly. I will probably tweak her. I rushed myself to meet my personal deadline on Sherpa (gocomics). Cartooning is still new to me. However, I’m up for the challenge because I LOVE it! I plan to add more panels to some of my cartoons. Single panels are easier to do, but a lot of my ideas will require more, like this one.

Thanks for visiting my blog and feel free to leave any suggestions or comments.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Jon! Cats are fine. They have unique personalities to capture. I was rushing myself so much to get the 'toon done that I forgot to give the readers on gocomics some insight on Lilly's backround. I will try to give some commentary in the future, as needed. Most of my cartoons come from real life events. It's fun to draw them out and share them with others. Life can be difficult, but it's as difficult as you make it. Thanks for your input and taking the time to read the story's behind the cartoons. I look forward to any ideas you may send my way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great ideas, Jon. Thank you! I've written them down in my idea journal. I actually use pictures to help me visualize while I draw. It helps me keep things in perspective. In my head anyway :)

    ReplyDelete